Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'M SCARED...

I hate to say it, but I'm scared. Terrified. And there is nothing I can do about. A sick feeling in my stomach keeps coming back to me at one thought... Obama as our president. I'm scared that we're headed in the direction of bigger government and more taxes. But those things pail in comparison to how little we really know about Obama. I think it's pretty safe to say that we know less about him than we do any other presidential candidate in history. That's scary. He just showed up out of no where and has garnered a ridiculous amount of attention and loyalty.

I'm sorry, but I can't "believe in" any politician to change my life. How many times have we seen promises broken by them? I can't "believe in" a candidate that hasn't been tested and has too many questions swirling around him. The only "change we can believe in" or anyone should believe in is the change that knowing God and his Son has on their lives. There is no other change worth believing in and no other change that will have a greater impact on your life. So decide, put your faith in your government to change your life for the better or put your faith in God to do it? I hope the decision is clear as to which one has a better track record at fulfilling promises.

No comments: